Sunday, April 5, 2009

a snowy april day in iowa

someone tell me please...why the hell is it snowing?! it is almost an entire week into april. you know...spring? And what is it doing? snowing freaking sideways.
the best part of this is I received a card from my grandma at home in St. Paul (...you know in Minnesota where it should be colder than here) which said, "winter is finally over and i made it through! it gets so depressing!"
I am excited to go home for easter on friday-I haven't been home since Christmas Break and after this I may only be back for a day or so before leaving for Massachusetts for the entire summer.
This summer...which by the way I am very excited and nervous for. Got the job at Jacob's Pillow Dance in Becket, MA. http://www.jacobspillow.org/ check it out
Excited because of all the fun and work I am going to do. Nervous because well..., it's new. I hope I don't miss everyone from Drake and home too much. I'm assuming I'll be busy so that will help. I'm also not going to be back until after the 3rd of September=long summer.

writing for the day...


And it trickles in and out,
that overwhelming twinge of guilt.
Shame is the new doubt
and people like to watch the monkey in the cage.
Easy to find a balance,
but hard to maintain.
Always chancing and waiting
for that nauseating day when it all hits.
The flowers gone and wondering.
So now the longing takes an ungraceful toll
as it twists the knots tighter.
Stronger the moves become,
because out of control is the only control,
the only permanent fixture
known to you and only you
it digs itself deeper and maintains the draw.
It pulls and tugs the scratchy blankets down,
beyond your arms’ reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment